Wednesday, October 14, 2009

bye, bye, baseball....

I'm not sure what to do with my time now that the Twins' season is really over.  For the past few weeks, my life has been consumed by the Twins.  Like Mel said, it was starting to feel like we lived at the Metrodome.  We were living on a prayer--and Dome dogs, of course.  It is funny to think that saying goodbye to the Metrodome and hello to Target Field means I may never eat a Dome dog again.  It is just that at 23 I have yet to experience my first Vikings game and I doubt the opportunity will present itself anytime soon--therefore putting an end to my love affair with Dome dogs.  Sad kinda!

With all this free-time, I've been forced to find odd little activities to keep my mind off the fact that I won't see another Twins game until spring training in March.  Organizing my sock drawer.  Cleaning out my closet.  Dusting even.  My mom would be in shock.  Obviously, it would be easy to fill my time by buying a Favre jersey and jumping on the Vikings bandwagon--hey, 5-0!!!--but I just miss baseball.  :( And all of this talk of trades and free agents isn't making it any easier.

I still haven't decided who I want to win the World Series--obviously, not the Yankees.  I don't want to give Joe or Justin any more reasons to want to leave, although the thought of them hanging out in the locker room with Derek and A-Rod is so laughable.  It would be like watching a bad reality tv show--baseball class vs. baseball trash, perhaps.

Regardless of who stays and who goes next season, I think every Twins fan can agree we need a major overhaul in our pitching options--and that Jose Mijares needs to find another source of income besides blowing games in the Major League.  I don't know if we should keep Nathan or not--he is one of the best closers in baseball.  But at some point, that will come to an end and it's just about figuring out if he's at that point or not.  Who knows?  There's still 180 days, 11 hours, and 56 minutes until the first pitch is thrown at the new stadium.  Hopefully we can figure it all out by then.




Of note-- I would like to apologize to a certain Wisconsin native who may be upset by my use of the V-word and the F-word in this article.  I hope we can still be friends... and hey, I did cheer for the Packers last week but to be honest it was only because Mr. Rodgers is so dang cute! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment