Sunday, March 27, 2011

A Quick Update on Life

It's been decided.  I'm awful at keeping up with this thing.

Not to lay out a list of excuses but March has been simply crazy for me.  I spent five days in Indianapolis covering the Big Ten basketball tournament, then drove 12 hours back to Minneapolis and hopped on a plane for Ft. Myers where I spent six days watching the Twins at spring training.  During that time, I celebrated my 25th birthday, mourned the loss of an old friend, interviewed for a new position and tried to smile at the little things whenever I could.  Yes, March has been busy and while some days haven't been easy, I'm so thankful for everything I have -- and get to experience -- in life.

Right now, I'm in Atlanta visiting old friends before heading over to Turner Field to cover the Twins vs. Braves exhibition games on Tuesday and Wednesday.  I've already fallen completely in love with this city, both because of the wonderful things I've seen and experienced but mostly because of the people I've been blessed to spend time with.

I'm so lucky to be able to do what I love and I honestly wouldn't be in the position I am in without the love and support from all of you.  Whether it's encouraging text messages, emails or Twitter posts, the support I've been given has meant so much to me and I am truly, truly blessed.

Stay tuned for a complete website overhaul in the very near future -- I will definitely want to know what everyone thinks as soon as I get it up and running.


Golden Gopher Spirit Squad at the 2011 Big Ten Tournament


My dad and me at Hammond Stadium for Mets vs. Twins.


Some of the minor league pitchers going through warm-ups at Hammond.


Sunset over Marcos Island.


My best friend (and partner-in-crime) and me after arriving in Atlanta.




No comments:

Post a Comment